Author Topic: Advice : Which branch i should choose in B.Tech  (Read 41072 times)

Offline Rakshas

• College Representatives
  • Live for what you believe.
    • _
      GBPANT
    • _
      MAE
    • View Profile
Advice : Which branch i should choose in B.Tech
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2016, 02:04:39 pm »
One should choose branch according to the interest but what if I will not get decent placement after 4 year of btech with EEE

If your interest is true you'll get a job and a good one at that.
You'll have to have faith on yourself.

Remember : The easiest way is not always the best.

I'd still suggest you to take up CSE/IT or ECE, but after 4 years, what if you regret it?
You have stats and you have your passion/interest: choose wisely.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:17:01 pm by Rakshas »

Offline Mohit Malik

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2016, 02:29:22 pm »
Could not decide,

Offline Dar3deviL

• NIEC
    • _
      ECE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2016, 03:28:24 pm »
Could not decide,
Choose the branch which interests you,even cse/it will not ensure a good placement,most of the students in ipu end up in mass recruiters.
And eee is not a bad branch either it has a good scope in public sectors,infact it has most number of seats in psu after mechanical.

Offline Mohit Malik

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2016, 03:51:02 pm »
As I stated that I like opening and repairing electrical appliances so how is it related to EEE and not with ECE

Offline T3rminator

• Always believe in yourself...
  • Administrator
  • Techbits Elite Member

• MAIT
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2016, 04:15:56 pm »
As I stated that I like opening and repairing electrical appliances so how is it related to EEE and not with ECE
No branch is totally related to this. This is engineering, not ITI.

Coming to your question regarding EEE placements, realistic option of on-campus placements is in mass recruiter IT companies like Infy, TCS, Accenture, etc. Don't go on number of students placed, most of EEE students don't try seriously for this option, hence they fail. Companies as such don't discriminate much.

Now the major advantage of EEE is in PSU/Govt jobs. Most of the PSUs give starting packages in range of 7-12 LPA and some even upto 14-15 LPA. Getting in these jobs is obviously more of a hard work than in those mass recruiters as you will be competing all over India with lesser number of seats. But if you are serious and patient in your hardwork, it is achievable, not too difficult. PSU jobs are mostly in bit remote locations though, so consider that too although there are some options in cities also.

You won't get placed even in CSE/IT if you don't put in some effort. Don't think jobs are served on plate. Choose what you like and love as that will be your career forever.

Offline Mohit Malik

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2016, 07:22:19 pm »
Again the question comes which branch to choose-based on interest - then how would I know what sort of interest matches which branch.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 07:31:40 pm by Mohit Malik »

Offline T3rminator

• Administrator
  • Techbits Elite Member

• MAIT
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2016, 08:26:46 pm »
Again the question comes which branch to choose-based on interest - then how would I know what sort of interest matches which branch.
Code:
Only registered users can see contents. Please click here to Register or Login.
Refer syllabus of the branches above.

Offline Kavita123

• Kavita Goodwani
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 08:53:43 pm »
My rank is 17132 in btech ..I have interest in Cs/it which college I should choose

BEN TENNYSON

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2016, 10:45:03 pm »
My rank is 17132 in btech ..I have interest in Cs/it which college I should choose
Please do ask your queries in appropriate threads.

Offline Captain America

• The Winter Soldier.
  • Universal Moderator
  • The Winter Soldier.

• NIEC
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2016, 11:29:09 pm »
EEE is just another physics. You will study the concepts...perform practicals on them but creating something new is hell difficult.
Main topics are power system, electrical machines & power electronics.
What u study in electrical machines is motors or generators created by edison and tesla... Yes we are studying same machines since last 150 years cus creating anything new here requires the intelligence level of tesla.
Its just a theory subject.
The best job that u can get through EEE is BARC- Research scientist at Bhabha atomic research centre....
U get a salary of one lakh rupees per month with various facilities like-
1) Housing facility in anushakti nagar mumbai.
2) medical insurance for ur whole family
3)electricity bill, phone bill, internet bill etc
They will even pay for the education of ur children.
And u will be posted in mumbai.
Best thing is its a central gov job...and u will be treated as a scientist....
Moreover, if u have the caliber, u can start teaching in coaching side by side...
My electrical machine teacher from madeeasy earns 2-3 crore rs per annum from coaching and besides this he gets a salary of 20-30 lacs per annum from his gov job.

Ece and cse are practical subjects...
You can start creating things from the first day. My girl is from IT branch and she is an expert of advanced android and she has created several messenger apps similar to whatsapp...and to be honest im quite impressed with this skill of her....
You will keep learning various tech in this field...
Private jobs are very good and rewarding...they will give u facility to work sometimes in foreign counties...
Bad part is, even if u can earn money, you will still be a nobody in this world. There are millions of coders like u, nobody gives u a shit.
Every other engineering aspirants aspires to be another zuckerberg...
Needless to say, one day everyone gets lost in some petty cubicle of an IT firm of bangalore, pune, hydrebad.

Justice denied anywhere diminishes justice everywhere.

Offline Recspx

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
Re: Advice : Which branch i should choose in B.Tech
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 11:44:13 am »
Hi, i am confused that which branch i should choose in B.Tech.

I have written the branches below according to my interest :

Civil : i am not very good at drawing, so i will not take civil

Mech : I do not like machines and cars so i will not take this branch.

ECE : I do not know much about it, but i do only know that it does deals with the communication of the electronic devices.

EEE : I do not know much about it, i just know that i would deal with the electrical components with this branch.

CSE : I do not know much about it, i did grew up with computers.All i know that i would be studying computer with this branch , i would be studying the programming in this branch. and i didn't liked it much when i read the book of c programming.I have seen many kids are  attracting towards this branch, i don't know why.Maybe when people in india hear computers they think it as a superior thing. Without any knowledge of the subject.

Out of these branches i have to choose only from these three EEE/ECE , CSE.Please help me to understand which branch i should choose.Please help me that which branch i should choose.

I am not very good at maths and i do like physics.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:45:51 am by Recspx »

Offline rahul sharma1

• MSIT
    • _
      IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2016, 12:27:02 pm »

ECE : I do not know much about it, but i do only know that it does deals with the communication of the electronic devices.

EEE : I do not know much about it, i just know that i would deal with the electrical components with this branch.

CSE : I do not know much about it, i did grew up with computers.All i know that i would be studying computer with this branch , i would be studying the programming in this branch. and i didn't liked it much when i read the book of c programming.I have seen many kids are  attracting towards this branch, i don't know why.Maybe when people in india hear computers they think it as a superior thing. Without any knowledge of the subject.

Out of these branches i have to choose only from these three EEE/ECE , CSE.Please help me to understand which branch i should choose.Please help me that which branch i should choose.

I would say you should choose CSE.

@T3rminator @BEN TENNYSON @sagrma can help you

Offline T3rminator

• Administrator
  • Techbits Elite Member

• MAIT
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2016, 12:41:47 pm »
The best job that u can get through EEE is BARC- Research scientist at Bhabha atomic research centre....
U get a salary of one lakh rupees per month with various facilities like-
1) Housing facility in anushakti nagar mumbai.
2) medical insurance for ur whole family
3)electricity bill, phone bill, internet bill etc
They will even pay for the education of ur children.
And u will be posted in mumbai.
Best thing is its a central gov job...and u will be treated as a scientist....
Moreover, if u have the caliber, u can start teaching in coaching side by side...
My electrical machine teacher from madeeasy earns 2-3 crore rs per annum from coaching and besides this he gets a salary of 20-30 lacs per annum from his gov job.
BARC doesn't give 1 lakh salary. It is a prestigious job, no doubt. But even on their site they are claiming ₹ 64000/- gross salary (not in-hand) after 3 increments. Though obviously it will increase with 7th pay commission.

Code:
And doing another job side by side your govt. job is actually not legal. Service rules prohibit you to work for anyone else when you are working for them.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 05:54:07 pm by T3rminator »

Offline T3rminator

• Administrator
  • Techbits Elite Member

• MAIT
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2016, 12:44:09 pm »

What are your future plans? MBA. MTech? Govt/PSU jobs?

Offline Rakshas

• College Representatives
  • Live for what you believe.
    • _
      GBPANT
    • _
      MAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2016, 12:44:26 pm »
BARC doesn't give 1 lakh salary. It is a prestigious job, no doubt. But even on their site they are claiming ₹ 64000/- gross salary (not in-hand) after 3 increments. Though obviously it will increase with 7th pay commission.

Code:

According to him a person working for BARC gets a salary which is more than what our PM gets.  :X

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49