Author Topic: which college can i get in ipu on the basis of cet 2013?  (Read 6280 times)

Offline Captain America

• The Winter Soldier.
  • Alumni
  • The Winter Soldier.

• NIEC
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
Re: which college can i get in ipu on the basis of cet 2013?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 09:34:42 pm »
oh alright got it!! THANKS :-) and whose placement is better in ip, cse or ece?? thanks
Both of them can be treated as same in terms of placement but in some colleges CSE has better placement than ECE. last year, in MAIT cse was in better condition than ece.
Justice denied anywhere diminishes justice everywhere.

Offline kd12

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 09:43:34 pm »
OKAY! so please tell me if u were me then what branch in which college you would have taken at my rank 5610 DGEN.!!! thanks.

Offline kd12

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 10:02:24 pm »
OKAY! so please tell me if u were me then what branch in which college you would have taken at my rank 5610 DGEN.!!! thanks.

Offline Captain America

• The Winter Soldier.
  • Alumni
  • The Winter Soldier.

• NIEC
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 10:16:33 pm »
lolz, my choices would be quite different. :S
first of all, i never like branches like CSE and IT. i always prefer EEE over these branches. reasons-
EEE guys can shift to CSE/IT in future if they dont like to work in their branch, further EEE guys can do M.tech in  CSE/IT but CSE/IT guys dont enjoy same flexibility, they have to work in software sector no matter whether they like or dont like it then. They cant shift to electronics in M.Tech. And I dont know whether my interest actually lies. afterall, without studying a subject we cannot know whether we are made for it or not. :challenge_accepted
second thing is the PSU factor, CSE/IT guys dont have enough seats in PSU and government sector. They have to work in private firms. And, truly saying the condition of CSE/IT guys of petty colleges is not good,  these guys may end up working for packages like 2 lakhs per annum in noida based companies. job security is also not there due to recession.i heared that some of the seniors have been fired up from HCL and they were simple b.tech guys of petty colleges. So i prefer jobs in PSU's and that can be achieved through EEE branch.
CSE/IT branches should be taken in big colleges like DTU, NSIT, IITs. Their CSE branch are awesome. CSE/IT of these colleges can land you into a better job condition.
So my choice would be MAIT EEE 2nd shift . Although the placement of EEE is bad but i dont care for placements. My aim is a job in PSU :gtfo :gtfo :gtfo

Offline kd12

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 10:23:06 pm »
WELL ur very right!!! is the condition of ece guys same as that of CSE/IT guys??? thanks

Offline pikachu

• pika......pikaa.........
  • Co-Admin
  • Techbits Elite Member
  • pika......pikaa.........
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 10:43:33 pm »
lolz, my choices would be quite different. :S
first of all, i never like branches like CSE and IT. i always prefer EEE over these branches. reasons-
EEE guys can shift to CSE/IT in future if they dont like to work in their branch, further EEE guys can do M.tech in  CSE/IT but CSE/IT guys dont enjoy same flexibility, they have to work in software sector no matter whether they like or dont like it then. They cant shift to electronics in M.Tech. And I dont know whether my interest actually lies. afterall, without studying a subject we cannot know whether we are made for it or not. :challenge_accepted
second thing is the PSU factor, CSE/IT guys dont have enough seats in PSU and government sector. They have to work in private firms. And, truly saying the condition of CSE/IT guys of petty colleges is not good,  these guys may end up working for packages like 2 lakhs per annum in noida based companies. job security is also not there due to recession.i heared that some of the seniors have been fired up from HCL and they were simple b.tech guys of petty colleges. So i prefer jobs in PSU's and that can be achieved through EEE branch.
CSE/IT branches should be taken in big colleges like DTU, NSIT, IITs. Their CSE branch are awesome. CSE/IT of these colleges can land you into a better job condition.
So my choice would be MAIT EEE 2nd shift . Although the placement of EEE is bad but i dont care for placements. My aim is a job in PSU :gtfo :gtfo :gtfo

CSE/IT guys can :
1. Get themselves placed easily within one or two months easily via Off-Campus , package might not be so good but still can gain experience . On the other hand there is absolute dearth of EEE/MAE Jobs in Private firms.
2. Self-Employed - Can work on some gig online like web-designing , apps and can earn some good money online .
3. Can go for MBA/M.tech just like any EEE/MAE guy.
4. Have nearly 10 times more job opportunities, On-Campus in comparison to EEE .
Only plus point of EEE/MAE is that , you guys have more PSU Jobs but no.of jobs is not in lacs , its not even above 10k .
You can compare the difficulty level of getting into PSU by say getting into Thoughtworks/Microsoft for an CSE/IT guy .

in short ....Bhai itni bhi bekar nahi h CSE/IT  :D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:46:42 pm by pikachu »

Offline Captain America

• The Winter Soldier.
  • Alumni
  • The Winter Soldier.

• NIEC
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 10:58:51 pm »
CSE/IT guys can :
1. Get themselves placed easily within one or two months easily via Off-Campus , package might not be so good but still can gain experience . On the other hand there is absolute dearth of EEE/MAE Jobs in Private firms.
2. Self-Employed - Can work on some gig online like web-designing , apps and can earn some good money online .
3. Can go for MBA/M.tech just like any EEE/MAE guy.
4. Have nearly 10 times more job opportunities, On-Campus in comparison to EEE .
Only plus point of EEE/MAE is that , you guys have more PSU Jobs but no.of jobs is not in lacs , its not even above 10k .
You can compare the difficulty level of getting into PSU by say getting into Thoughtworks/Microsoft for an CSE/IT guy .

in short ....Bhai itni bhi bekar nahi h CSE/IT  :D
iska matlab aap CSE se ho. :O)

Offline kd12

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 08:31:15 am »
guys! what about ece??!!! L-)  PLEASE HELP!!

Offline Captain America

• The Winter Soldier.
  • Alumni
  • The Winter Soldier.

• NIEC
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 10:19:20 am »
guys! what about ece??!!! L-)  PLEASE HELP!!
Mr kd12, let us elaborate ECE branch. Its a mix factors of both branches. You may end up in working for IT firms if you are in IPU (except if you are in bvp, they have some core companies of ece branches for placements), or you may go to PSU's also. But seats in PSU's are less. So, even im skeptical about its PSU factor but one thing is sure that it has larger number of seats than CSE branch. At presently, More or less there are very little core companies of ece having their R & W centers in India. But, in near future they are going to open their research center. Its a versatile branch having scope in Telecom sector, EDA, sillicon wafering etc. I rank it above than EEE. But if you are in IPU, there is not much difference between CSE/IT placementwise.
It is the best branch for MBA just after Mechanical engineering. It is best for m.tech too as it has diverse areas or research in future.
Hope that helps yo.

Offline kd12

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 10:23:57 am »
thanks it helped a lot!!im thinkin to get ece in MAIT or MSIT ...what say?? any chance??!  :-S
and one more thing - i got 2730 rank in comedk so will i get any better college there in ECE?? Please
THANKS!!

Offline kd12

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 10:27:47 am »
sorry fr comedk post! i didnt know that! :-(

Offline Captain America

• The Winter Soldier.
  • Alumni
  • The Winter Soldier.

• NIEC
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 10:31:05 am »
sorry fr comedk post! i didnt know that! :-(
Its OK Mr kd12. :-)

Offline kd12

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 10:33:35 am »
alright!! so will i be able to get ece in MAIT or MSIT????!!! 8-)

Offline Captain America

• The Winter Soldier.
  • Alumni
  • The Winter Soldier.

• NIEC
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 10:43:29 am »
alright!! so will i be able to get ece in MAIT or MSIT????!!! 8-)
As I have told you already, you will get ece in MSIT in 2nd shift.

Offline kd12

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 10:49:47 am »
okay...so shold i wait for second  shift or join the college which i get in first shift!??

IPU CET 2013

Started by sangeetasinha

Replies: 15
Views: 3816
Last post June 18, 2013, 10:11:41 pm
by dext3r
COLLEGE FOR OUTSIDE DELHI GENRAL DEFENCE RANK 10000-12000

Started by aditya narayan andey

Replies: 5
Views: 1836
Last post June 07, 2015, 02:22:29 pm
by BEN TENNYSON
sir.... can i get some good college in ipu with my cet rank 8227 in odgen ???

Started by payal.chaudhary

Replies: 9
Views: 4693
Last post July 07, 2013, 05:26:49 pm
by bhrtkhatri228
Which college can i get with 14282 DGEN rank

Started by shwez

Replies: 3
Views: 2319
Last post June 04, 2013, 09:42:19 am
by Captain America
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49