Author Topic: GGSIPU CET 2013-14 : Ask Your Queries Here  (Read 1376891 times)

Offline pikachu

• pika......pikaa.........
  • Co-Admin
  • Techbits Elite Member
  • pika......pikaa.........
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
GGSIPU CET 2013-14 : Ask Your Queries Here
« on: April 01, 2013, 02:52:43 pm »
GGSIPU CET 2013-14 : Ask Your Queries Here

IPU CET 2013 Important Dates

Sale of Prospectus: February 15, 2013 (offline) and March 1, 2013 (online)

Last date for Receipt of Application: April 9, 2013

Exam Date: May 19, 2013

(Expected) Date of Result: June 5, 2013

Application Fees for IPU CET 2013:

Fees is Rs.1100 (for DD)/ Rs. 1000 in case of cash payment.

IPU CET 2013 Eligibility Criteria:

The candidates applying for B.Tech must have passed 10+2 from any recognized Board in the country. The student must have acquired a minimum mark requirement of an aggregate of 55% in Physics, Chemistry and Maths. The candidate must also pass in all the subjects separately. In addition to that, the candidate must also pass in English exam. The candidates appearing for 10+2 exam are also eligible to apply. They will have to show the proof of the marks when they come for the counselling.

IPU CET 2013 Paper Pattern:

The test will be for 2.5 hours. The papers for the test are Physics, Chemistry and Maths. The paper will have 150 questions in total. Each correct answer will get four marks. Wrong answers will get -1 each. The medium of exam is English.

Participating Institutes:

University School Of Chemical Technology (USCT)

University School Of Information & Communication Technology (USICT)

Indira Gandhi Institute Of Technology (IGIT)

Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies and Research

G.B. Pant Government Engineering College

Ch. Brahm Prakash Government Engineering College

Delhi Institute of Tool Engineering

National Power Training Institute

Amity School of Engineering & Technology

Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology

Bharati Vidyapeeth's College of Engineering

Guru Premsukh Memorial College of Engineering

Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology (Minority Educational Institute)

HMR Institute of Technology and Management

Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology

Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology

Northern India Engineering College

VIEW LAST YEAR IPU-CET DISCUSSION (CLICK HERE)

If You Have Any Query Regarding IPU CET , Feel Free To Ask Here   :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:09:32 pm by DPSC »
You do not have permission to give points
point 17 Points

Users who gave points in this topic » amitkushwaha (2 Pts) » mubeen_akhtar (5 Pts) » sagrma (10 Pts) 

Offline ankitsin95

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
Re: GGSIPU CET 2013-14 : Ask Your Queries Here
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 05:08:37 pm »
how marks is needed for env in ipcet-2013 .i m odgen..plzzz telll..
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 05:18:28 pm by dext3r »

Offline dext3r

• Alumni
  • Techbits Elite Member

• USIT
    • _
      ECE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 05:36:52 pm »
how marks is needed for env in ipcet-2013 .i m odgen..plzzz telll..

By ENV if you mean Environment Engineering branch, then for that the cutoffs for previous years are like this(for ODGEN):

2012: 4107 to 11294 (admission at ranks 9674 and 9763 including the opening and closing ranks)
2011: 7623 to 9427
2010: 7251 to 9153

There are only 4 seats for ENV for ODGEN in only one college Ch. Brahm Prakash Govt Engineering College.

By the cutoffs and ranks at which admission was done it is quiet clear that the rank should be around 6000(for a safer side) to 8000.
Approximate marks for this much rank are around 230-250.

READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE POSTING

Wait For Replies | Post Only Once | Ask in Relevant Threads | Avoid Creating New Topics

Offline as005

• Losing all hope was freedom.

• MSIT
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 01:15:18 am »
Hey Folks,

I am preparing for CET 2013 now-a-days. I wanted to ask that what should I concentrate on? Numericals or Theory?

And I have that Arihant Book that you all deem as fake, so should I actually do something from that?

And what topics should I concentrate on? Which Formulas (Cause there's a load of them)?

Best Regards!  :-h

Disclosure: I don't know a shit about JEE/AIEEE. I started preparing since like yesterday. All I have done is, two 'solved' papers from Arihant. Haven't touch NCERT.

P.S There seems to be some problem with your SMF installation, First that verification link from email didn't work; Secondly, I just got this message, "New Reply to Your Post: Piyush110 has replied to this post: 'Re: Staff Talks'." So fix it, maybe?  #:-S

Offline XYLS

• The Awesomeness Deployer™
  • Alumni

• NIEC
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
    • Coding Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 01:21:52 am »
DUDE NCERT IS your Bible. Rat le, especially for physics ad chemistry, kafi enough hai. But for maths, you need to focus more on previous years papers in addition to full NCERT also.

As far as numericals and theory is concerned, ther is no fixed pattern because there is no limitation. But acc. to me, theory snd conceptual questions are more in physics and chemistry.

° DO NCERT first
° Don't solve any solved papers yet. They are for those students who have done ncert and solved some previous yr papers. So focus on prev yrs if u want to get and idea of the pattern. Solved papers should be your last priority.

Offline dext3r

• Alumni
  • Techbits Elite Member

• USIT
    • _
      ECE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 01:22:29 am »
Hey Folks,

I am preparing for CET 2013 now-a-days. I wanted to ask that what should I concentrate on? Numericals or Theory?

And I have that Arihant Book that you all deem as fake, so should I actually do something from that?

And what topics should I concentrate on? Which Formulas (Cause there's a load of them)?

Best Regards!  :-h

Disclosure: I don't know a shit about JEE/AIEEE. I started preparing since like yesterday. All I have done is, two 'solved' papers from Arihant. Haven't touch NCERT.

P.S There seems to be some problem with your SMF installation, First that verification link from email didn't work; Secondly, I just got this message, "New Reply to Your Post: Piyush110 has replied to this post: 'Re: Staff Talks'." So fix it, maybe?  #:-S

Both Numericals and Theory are equally asked in CET. Nothing is too much in detail.
Theory questions are much link one line questions that can come from anywhere in the NCERT(so that is a must read).
Numericals are not that tough, just the basic concepts of each topic are tested.

In my opinion, Arihant book is good for Practice purpose. Just use it to get a reference of the level of difficulty of the exam but only when you are done with your preparation.

Don't leave any formula! (atleast from Mathematics, do everything! )

Regarding SMF:
Don't know about the verification link but that message(notification) is working fine. It is the automatic notify that will notify members of any new post made/topic created.

Wait For Replies | Post Only Once | Ask in Relevant Threads | Avoid Creating New Topics

Offline XYLS

• Alumni

• NIEC
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
    • Coding Bot
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 01:25:18 am »
 And thanks for highlighting that bug. We will look into the matter...

Offline as005

• MSIT
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 01:51:44 am »
The problem as it seems is that, since only 25 days are remaining, if I do NCERT, I won't be able to do questions (any kind; numerical or not). Frankly, I didn't study in 11th or even 12th for that matter, so it is kind of [censored] up.

I am able to do about 60 questions in Arihant so is that a good thing or a bad one? You guys got some real question papers around though?

P.S:
Quote/Ask Question
Don't know about the verification link but that message(notification) is working fine. It is the automatic notify that will notify members of any new post made/topic created.

Verification link doesn't work; have to enter the code. Automatic notify shouldn't notify me about piyush110 replying to 'Staff talks' thread. BTW Why don't you guys install a chat module? They had something like that some 2 years ago when I used SMF. And yes, nevermind the PM, I thought the thread was deleted.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:55:07 am by dext3r »

Offline dext3r

• Alumni
  • Techbits Elite Member

• USIT
    • _
      ECE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 02:02:51 am »
The problem as it seems is that, since only 25 days are remaining, if I do NCERT, I won't be able to do questions (any kind; numerical or not). Frankly, I didn't study in 11th or even 12th for that matter, so it is kind of [censored] up.

I am able to do about 60 questions in Arihant so is that a good thing or a bad one? You guys got some real question papers around though?

P.S:
Verification link doesn't work; have to enter the code. Automatic notify shouldn't notify me about piyush110 replying to 'Staff talks' thread. BTW Why don't you guys install a chat module? They had something like that some 2 years ago when I used SMF. And yes, nevermind the PM, I thought the thread was deleted.

If you have not studied 11th then you better focus on it(especially Chemistry).

It is not just about the number of questions attempted, it is about the number of correct questions.
If out of 60 you are getting 50+correct(given that you are not completely prepared) then you are going good. After your preparation you will easily be able to crack atleast 80!
Real question papers can't be made available, because IPU doesn't release them.

Well, it is notifying about other members' posts because for that only one database will be required and it will save space and increase efficiency of the notify feature.
Replied to your PM :)

Offline as005

• MSIT
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 02:07:31 am »
Uhmm, about how much rank would I get if I get like 60 questions right?

Offline dext3r

• Alumni
  • Techbits Elite Member

• USIT
    • _
      ECE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 02:12:22 am »
Uhmm, about how much rank would I get if I get like 60 questions right?

Considering 60questions correct and 10negatives that makes your score around 230.
In this range your rank will be somewhere between 6000 to 8000.

See this:
Code:
Only registered users can see contents. Please click here to Register or Login.
You are DGEN or any other category ?

Offline BEN TENNYSON

• Co-Admin
  • Techbits Elite Member
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 02:15:05 am »
sir how to prepare for organic at my own at home
(i have not study the organic in past years how can i read it from 11th+12th any idea will help for ipucet)

Offline XYLS

• Alumni

• NIEC
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
    • Coding Bot
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 02:19:51 am »
(i have not study the organic in past years how can i read it from 11th+12th any idea will help for ipucet)
Study Organic from NCERT of 11th + 12th. NCERT is your Bible for physics and chemistry. It will be enough to secure a good rank in IPUCET. Moreover, I recommend you to practice previous year papers, because they will help a lot in giving you an idea of the exam. And Focus on both THEORY & NUMERICALS. Both are asked, so no proportion between them. Forget techbits for now and focus on NCERT first. Then go for other books, if you have time left.

Offline DPSC

• Alumni
  • Techbits Elite Member

• GTBIT
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
    • http://mycampusnotes.com
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 02:58:33 am »

for organic mostly NCERT is beneficial, no need for anyother book except ncert.
Now there isnt much time left for IPU so start brushing up what you have learnt and start doing sample papers.
buy arhiant book for IPU and start doing papers so that you get an idea how to attempt the paper in 2.5 hours.

Offline BEN TENNYSON

• Co-Admin
  • Techbits Elite Member
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 10:28:01 am »
sir from where i can do objective questions for organic is arihant chem is good? or any other book i should go through

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test GGSIPU CET - 2009

Started by sagrma

Replies: 0
Views: 1904
Last post March 22, 2009, 05:35:56 pm
by sagrma
GGSIPU Counselling Schedule For B-tech for year 2009-2010

Started by rudeman

Replies: 15
Views: 10261
Last post August 28, 2009, 09:41:07 pm
by Sunnyyy
last year btech ggsipu cet rank /counselling admission

Started by god

Replies: 0
Views: 2943
Last post March 30, 2009, 07:50:58 pm
by god
GGSIPU-CET ENTRANCE 2011 QUESTION PAPER B.TECH

Started by pikachu

Replies: 6
Views: 18676
Last post May 03, 2012, 08:24:16 pm
by pikachu
GGSIPU : Admission Brochure III: Engineering & B.Arch. Programmes

Started by pikachu

Replies: 1
Views: 6182
Last post January 22, 2012, 07:33:29 pm
by DPSC
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49