Author Topic: GGSIPU CET 2014-15 : ASK YOUR QUERIES HERE  (Read 100630 times)

Offline Captain Cool

• HOW YOU DOIN' ??
  • Alumni
  • Techbits Elite Member
  • Be yourself; everyone else is already taken

• USIT
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: GGSIPU CET 2014-15 : ASK YOUR QUERIES HERE
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2014, 02:12:34 am »
In IPU only mechanical & automation engineering is available!

What is difference between mechanical and mechanical & automation engineering in terms of career options and placement.

Are MAE degree holders eligible to apply for all jobs that mech guys can.. I saw advt of BPCL it said mech and chemical ONLY---- automation., production others were excluded...

if u have an option.... go for mechanical as many PSU's dont accept MAE degree
▌│█║▌║▌║ ∂нσηιsм....мσяε тнαη α яεℓιgιση ║▌║▌║█│▌

Offline Captain Cool

• HOW YOU DOIN' ??
  • Alumni
  • Techbits Elite Member
  • Be yourself; everyone else is already taken

• USIT
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2014, 02:19:13 am »
Sir, m preparing for ipucet 2014....as somewhat 15 days are left......though I think my preparation is goin gud still I fear that what kind of questions are asked........hav heard that they ask many offbeat questions......I scored 145 in this year mains..............also my preparation is lyk m solving arihant books for uptu nd success package arihant for ipu...is that enough...i  m also doin last year aieee ques.........bt u guys being expert please guide me so that I can get below 1500. Odgen.......please guide me subject wise....that wud be very helpful....thankss

go thorugh NCERT thouroughly and see the question in the following link:-

http://techbits.co.in/forum/ggsipu-corner/questions-asked-in-ipu-cet-2013(code-131)/

these are real questions from CET-2013
▌│█║▌║▌║ ∂нσηιsм....мσяε тнαη α яεℓιgιση ║▌║▌║█│▌

Offline nickx

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2014, 10:49:57 am »
Okie I will do ncert.......for 1500 rank what marks are required????? Nd what is the level of exam in comparison to aieee uptu nd jamia.......

Offline sagrma

• Administrator
  • Techbits Elite Member

• MAIT
    • _
      ECE
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2014, 12:19:13 pm »
Okie I will do ncert.......for 1500 rank what marks are required????? Nd what is the level of exam in comparison to aieee uptu nd jamia.......
going to ip exam with fixed set of question number in mind will be wrong
better to give your best  :-h

Offline Captain America

• The Winter Soldier.
  • Alumni
  • The Winter Soldier.

• NIEC
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2014, 04:51:55 pm »
In IPU only mechanical & automation engineering is available!

What is difference between mechanical and mechanical & automation engineering in terms of career options and placement.

Are MAE degree holders eligible to apply for all jobs that mech guys can.. I saw advt of BPCL it said mech and chemical ONLY---- automation., production others were excluded...
see, mae has 70% syllabus similar to ME. Basic difference is the study of automation in detail...quite similar to industrial automation and industrial robotics. AICTE consider MAE as an individual distinct branch and so every PSU of this country.
ME and MAE are complete different branch acording to AICTE. MAE graduates are not eligible for ME jobs.

Further in studies-
MAE guys face a lot difficulty after first year.
Why so????
this is because the are bound to study electrical machines, both DC and AC machines in detail in 3rd sem (electrical graduates study DC machine in third sem and AC machine in fourth sem and it is the toughest paper among whole engineering branches).
MAE people also study analog 1& 2 in third sem which electrical people study by distributing it in 3rd  and 4th sem.
also, they are left with tonnes of mechanical core paper like strength of materials, fluid mechanics, blah blah blah....so that really count for guts.
i have seen mae people studying COMPUTER NETWORKS in 4th sem (what the hell syllabus is this?)

IS IT WORTH TO STUDY SO HARD BY TAKING THIS BRANCH?

my personal view, a. big NO.
because this degree has been rejected by almost all psu's like-
BARC
BEL
BHEL
BPCL
BSNL
DMRC
HAL
INDIAN RAILWAYS
IOCL
ISRO
MTNL
NALCO
NHPC
ONGC
PGCIL
SAIL
VIZAG STEEL
SJVNL
BRIDGE N ROOF COSTR...
none of the above psu accept graduates of MAE degree....they seek MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, while most of them accept electrical and civil engineering.

i have heard some seniors saying that CIL also not accepts MAE graduates.

Only two PSUs accept MAE which are-
NTPC
GAIL (not 100% confirmed of gail)

so you can see that career is much limited in this branch...
My advice is either to take eee or civil in ipu. Your labour in these branches will pay you in the end.

Goodday.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:58:44 pm by Captain America »
Justice denied anywhere diminishes justice everywhere.

Offline ajinkyachowdhury

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2014, 09:21:14 pm »

@captain america-nice comprehensive message. So is EEE considered equivalent to Electrical for PSU jobs or in open market?

My preference is north India so my option as per my performance are limited to Galgotia/UPES/Goenka/UPTU colleges!! may be SRM Modinagar/Manipal Jaipur

IPU/Amity are giving MAE.....any suggestions

Offline T3rminator

• Always believe in yourself...
  • Administrator
  • Techbits Elite Member

• MAIT
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2014, 10:04:07 pm »
i have heard some seniors saying that CIL also not accepts MAE graduates.
CIL takes only mechanical, no other combination. In case of electrical, it accepts only EE and EEE.

Offline T3rminator

• Administrator
  • Techbits Elite Member

• MAIT
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2014, 10:05:08 pm »

@captain america-nice comprehensive message. So is EEE considered equivalent to Electrical for PSU jobs or in open market?

My preference is north India so my option as per my performance are limited to Galgotia/UPES/Goenka/UPTU colleges!! may be SRM Modinagar/Manipal Jaipur

EEE don't face this problem. It is allowed in almost every PSU and other companies.

Offline Captain America

• The Winter Soldier.
  • Alumni
  • The Winter Soldier.

• NIEC
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2014, 11:46:51 pm »

Thanks
for the first part, you have an incredible live example here on techbits- Terminator Sir, a flagship for every eee graduate of ggsipu, he is from eee, working at Coal India limited (a maharatna psu), and earning more than 10 lakhs bucks per annum in his starting days of job. So eee and ee have no issues. Both are eligible for same kind of jobs everywhere.
Moreover electrical and electronics me electronics sirf naam ka hi haan, nobody in industry consider us elgible for electronics jobs...we are significant in terms of power sector only.

further upper ke sare options me ipu hi better hai...and in ipu i am talking about colleges above than niec....like gtbit, msit, mait, etc. And in ipu take either eee or civil (dont take civil of niec), dont go for mae in any college here. If you will take mae....you will end up working in mass recruiters like tcs, infosys, etc. There will be no benefit of selecting core branch.
If you can afford, then try ur luck at MIT manipal, the best option other than ipu. UPTU ke top colleges like AK garg me try maar sakte ho...they are very fine colleges and are better than some of the ipu colleges.
Dont limit your engineering education on location basis.

goodluck.

Offline sagrma

• Administrator
  • Techbits Elite Member

• MAIT
    • _
      ECE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2014, 10:28:47 am »
Thanks
for the first part, you have an incredible live example here on techbits- Terminator Sir, a flagship for every eee graduate of ggsipu, he is from eee, working at Coal India limited (a maharatna psu), and earning more than 10 lakhs bucks per annum in his starting days of job. So eee and ee have no issues. Both are eligible for same kind of jobs everywhere.
Moreover electrical and electronics me electronics sirf naam ka hi haan, nobody in industry consider us elgible for electronics jobs...we are significant in terms of power sector only.

further upper ke sare options me ipu hi better hai...and in ipu i am talking about colleges above than niec....like gtbit, msit, mait, etc. And in ipu take either eee or civil (dont take civil of niec), dont go for mae in any college here. If you will take mae....you will end up working in mass recruiters like tcs, infosys, etc. There will be no benefit of selecting core branch.
If you can afford, then try ur luck at MIT manipal, the best option other than ipu. UPTU ke top colleges like AK garg me try maar sakte ho...they are very fine colleges and are better than some of the ipu colleges.
Dont limit your engineering education on location basis.

goodluck.
i agree with the point that dont confine yourself to a location
if you have better option anywhere in india/abroad better to go there
after you finish your study you can leverage your college's brand name to get a better job in  your home state

Offline ajinkyachowdhury

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2014, 11:58:46 am »
Thanks all on the forum for moral support

My rank card
Jee mains 110 marks-with class 12 marks rank will be 2-3 lac no chance

VITEE 27000 rank..counselling 23 May..?? chances

SRM 7100 rank ?? will I get, counselling 18 May same day IPU exam.

Amity filled MAE form (by mistake) interview in 8 May.

what to do.

Exam left Manipal-15 May, IPU-18 May, UPES 24 May, Galgotia 8 June

UPES and Galgotia offering pure Mech degree.

Offline Captain America

• The Winter Soldier.
  • Alumni
  • The Winter Soldier.

• NIEC
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2014, 02:46:36 pm »

My rank card

what to do.

jee main to hath se gya...so dont bother about it now.
Regarding VIT, it is good only if you have got any rank from 1-7000....the decent branches are availble upto this rank only. So 27000 rank is clearly out of domain thing. Further VIT does not allow branch change after first year. so leave it.

SRM chennai, is also decent, it is able to provide an average package of 3-4 lakhs to most of its students. Campus is stunningly beautiful with 20 canteens (and here in ipu we have at the most 1 canteen). Your 4 year life will be luxrious there. But fee charges for b.tech are extremely high in comparison to placements it provides. If you are determined to get pin point at ur engg and u can afford the charges then go there. But 4 saal baad placement utni hi milegi jitni ipu ki low cost fee wale college like mait, gtbit, msit me milti hai...
its upto u to select either srm or ipu now.

My suggestion is to aim for manipal right now. Give ur best in its entrance exam. It will be the best option for you.

and there are 2 galgotias.
One is galgotia college of engineering and technology and other is galgotia university.
If you are talking about ME at gcet then blindly go for it. its the best collee of uptu in terms of placements.
Amity mae, is slightly controversial because of mae thing....
so finally-
First try your luck at manipal and Gcet, if not then select anyone between ipu best college vs srm and as a last option select mae at amity.

Offline anuj1

• MAIT
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2014, 05:24:54 pm »

My rank card

what to do.

gcet used to come under uptu? r u filling the form of galgotias university?

Offline ajinkyachowdhury

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2014, 10:02:21 pm »
Yes, you are right.. I am filling Galgotia Univ form now they are conducting their own separate exam for admissions, as per my info old Galgotia college in old campus no 1 is under UPTU and new technical departments in new campus no 2 on yamuna expressway is under Galgotia Univ. It is same management..running 2 colleges with engg. courses and enjoying both UPTU and independent university status.

Offline anuj1

• MAIT
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2014, 10:04:22 pm »
Yes, you are right.. I am filling Galgotia Univ form now they are conducting their own separate exam for admissions, as per my info old Galgotia college in old campus no 1 is under UPTU and new technical departments in new campus no 2 on yamuna expressway is under Galgotia Univ. It is same management..running 2 colleges with engg. courses and enjoying both UPTU and independent university status.
i think ipu top colleges are better den galgotias  ;-)
prepare well for ipu  O:)

GGSIPU CET 2013 : [APPLICATION LAST DATE][CET DATE][CET TIME][RESULT DATE]

Started by DPSC

Replies: 0
Views: 2347
Last post March 01, 2013, 03:10:32 pm
by DPSC
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test GGSIPU CET - 2009

Started by sagrma

Views: 1872
Last post March 22, 2009, 05:35:56 pm
by sagrma
GGSIPU Counselling Schedule For B-tech for year 2009-2010

Started by rudeman

Replies: 15
Views: 10212
Last post August 28, 2009, 09:41:07 pm
by Sunnyyy
last year btech ggsipu cet rank /counselling admission

Started by god

Views: 2913
Last post March 30, 2009, 07:50:58 pm
by god
GGSIPU-CET ENTRANCE 2011 QUESTION PAPER B.TECH

Started by pikachu

Replies: 6
Views: 18620
Last post May 03, 2012, 08:24:16 pm
by pikachu
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49