Author Topic: 3 year gap between Dipolma and Degree  (Read 18881 times)

Offline deepu123a

• Jus be urself....You're not born to impress anyone
    • _
      AIACTR
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
3 year gap between Dipolma and Degree
« on: June 03, 2017, 11:00:34 pm »
Hello Sir,
               I am Deepak Uniyal, I have completed my diploma in 2012 and after that I sat at home for one year and work for further two year and now pursuing my btech from 2015. So how can I handle this 3 year gap between diploma and degree at time of interview and also heard about that a very few companies allow 3 year gap...will it be problem for my campus placement season???

One more thing, I didn't get any experience letter from my past employer because I left without informing them. I know it is completely mess but anyhow, I want to get rid of this mess. I am so scared about my rejection because of my 3 year gap. Please help me and tell me that how can I handle this mess.[/color]Please reply soon

[/color]Thanking you in advance!Regards Deepak Uniyal[/font]
:) :)
You do not have permission to give points
point 0 Points

This topic did not receive points.

Offline Captain America

• The Winter Soldier.
  • Alumni
  • The Winter Soldier.

• NIEC
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
Re: 3 year gap between Dipolma and Degree
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 10:07:38 am »
Hello Sir,
               I am Deepak Uniyal, I have completed my diploma in 2012 and after that I sat at home for one year and work for further two year and now pursuing my btech from 2015. So how can I handle this 3 year gap between diploma and degree at time of interview and also heard about that a very few companies allow 3 year gap...will it be problem for my campus placement season???

One more thing, I didn't get any experience letter from my past employer because I left without informing them. I know it is completely mess but anyhow, I want to get rid of this mess. I am so scared about my rejection because of my 3 year gap. Please help me and tell me that how can I handle this mess.[/color]Please reply soon

[/color]Thanking you in advance!Regards Deepak Uniyal[/font]
Do you have salary slip?
If you have worked for two years then you must have bank details regarding your salary. You can use it to justify your two year gap.
If you can produce your salary slip, then there isn't any problem.
Else a gap of three years will be catastrophe.
You can't get into any premier management colleges like IIM, XLRI, IIFT etc.
You can't get placed in b.tech also.
However, you can get into PSU (Provided you are from core branches) through GATE. They too shall ask for justification of those 3 years. But I have seen people with 2 years gap getting into PSU, so there is bleak chance for you also.
You have options in SSC/UPSC further.
They don't care for your gap years. But age matters.
Justice denied anywhere diminishes justice everywhere.

Offline deepu123a

• Jus be urself....You're not born to impress anyone
    • _
      AIACTR
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 03:00:05 pm »
But I heard, some companies allow 3 year gap or they don't care about the gaps at all.
:) :)

Offline Captain America

• The Winter Soldier.
  • Alumni
  • The Winter Soldier.

• NIEC
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 12:17:42 am »
But I heard, some companies allow 3 year gap or they don't care about the gaps at all.

Well, I have given more than 10 interviews after my b.tech.
I passed out in August 2016 and got my first job in Dec 2016. I sat idle in my home during these 4-5 months
The first question that I was asked in each interview was :
"What were you doing since last 4-5 months?"
My friend was giving interview at IIT Patna for m.tech in Mechatronics after an year drop after b.tech and the first question being asked was:
"What were you doing since last one year?"

I don't want to bring down your morale but I don't want you to put in any illusion also.
Use your salary slips for your justification.
Salary slips will work for sure.
What's problem in producing your bank details then?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 01:13:04 am by Captain America »

Offline Captain America

• The Winter Soldier.
  • Alumni
  • The Winter Soldier.

• NIEC
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 12:55:37 am »
A bit of advice from my side:
See, at this stage don't run behind private companies. Not all private companies are good. Infact most of them are shitty. Private jobs are glorified beacuse of handful of MNCs like McKinsey, BCG, KPMG, Deloitte, Google, Intuit, Expedia, L&T etc.
Getting into these companies is quite tough even if you have clean record throughout. They demand special effort from candidates after having a clean academic record.
Their jobs have dark side also. They will pay you handsome but will suck out your youth.
As it is said, grass is always greener on the other side.
Take my advice, prepare for UPSC/SSC or any other premier govt job or do any startup.
Success isn't about getting crores of package in Google.
You can have your own startup also. Who knows, your luck may favour you and your mini-startup can earn several hundred crores per year.

Offline Captain America

• The Winter Soldier.
  • Alumni
  • The Winter Soldier.

• NIEC
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 01:11:50 am by Captain America »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49