Author Topic: Interview experiences of various Management Institutes  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Rakson

• Co-Admin
  • Techbits Elite Member
  • By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail..

• ASET
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
Interview experiences of various Management Institutes
« on: August 11, 2014, 10:52:23 pm »

Shared by- RC SUDISH
ASET [2009-13]
FMS BHU [2014-16]

MBA

MORE THAN THE PREPARATION , DETERMINATION AND FOCUS WERE THE KEY TOOLS WHICH ENSURED SUCCESS. JUST TWO HOURS EARLY MORNING EACH DAY FOR TWO MONTHS DID THE TRICK, THUS PROVING THAT IT IS THE QUALITATIVE STUDY THAT MATTERS AND NOT THE QUANTITIVE STUDY. WITH A STRONG WILL TO WIN AND READY TO ACCEPT DEFEAT, I ALWAYS BELIEVED “ IF IT HAPPENS... IT’S GOOD, IF IT DOESN’T HAPPEN...IT’S VERY GOOD ...

WRITTEN EXAM --- CAT

CAT COMPRISES OF TWO SECTIONS:QUANTITATIVE ABILITY AND DATA INTERPRETATION
  • VERBAL ABILITY AND LOGICAL REASONING
  • GROUP DISCUSSION

I WAS ALERT AND INVOLVED DURING GD, THUS MAKING PEOPLE LOOK INTO MY EYES WHEN THEY SPEAK. I STARTED THE GD MOST OF THE TIMES , ACTED AS A MODERATOR IN BETWEEN SO THAT MORE PEOPLE ARE ENGAGED WITH MY DISCUSSION AND IN THE END I CONCLUDED SMARTLY GIVING CHANCE TO OTHERS.

ESSAY WRITING

SOME INSTITUTES HAVE ESSAY WRITING WHILE SOME HAVE GROUP DISCUSSION AND SOME TAKE BOTH ESSAY WRITING AND GD.
    BE SPECIFIC AND PUT THEM IN THREE PARAGRAPHS.GIVE THREE EXAMPLES ATLEAST AND DISCUSS ABOUT THEM. DO NOT REPEAT THE SAME IDEA AGAIN AND AGAIN. A LITTLE HUMOUR CAN BE INCLUDED TO SCORE OVER OTHERS.

INTERVIEW:

APART FROM BEING SUITABLY  DRESSED, BRUSH UP ACADEMICS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS, MAINTAIN YOUR FOCUS AND CONCENTRATE ON YOUR STRENGHTS .TRY TO CONVERT QUESTIONS INTO YOUR DOMAIN BY GIVING EXAMPLES SO THAT YOU CAN ANSWER CONFIDENTLY. MOST OF THE TIMES IT IS THE SAME QUESTION PUT UP IN DIFFERENT WAYS, MAKE SURE THE CENTRAL IDEA OF THE ANSWER REMAINS SAME SUCH THAT THERE IS NO CLASH OF YOUR IDEAS. FOR ANSWERS WHICH YOU DON’T KNOW, BE BRAVE TO TELL THAT YOU DONT KNOW, RATHER THAN BEATING AROUND THE BUSH.SOMETIMES IT MAY HAPPEN THAT THE QUESTION BEING ASKED BY THE INTERVIEWER IS OUT OF HIS CONTEXT, IDENTIFY THEM AND GUESS CONFIDENTLY SUCH THAT THE INTERVIEWER BELIEVES THAT YOU KNOW THE ANSWER (HAPPENS WHEN ASKED ABOUT DETAILS OF NATIVE PLACE , HOBBIES,ETC) . DONT SPEAK TOO MUCH OR TOO LESS , TRY TO ANSWER TO THE POINT. GIVE REALISTIC ANSWERS AND DO NOT PUT BLAME ON ANYONE FOR ANYTHING.ACCEPT EVERYTHING WHATEVER HAPPENS. ALSO KNOW FACTS OF THE COLLEGES YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ...
    THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS USE SEE PRINCIPLE

S----- SMILE
    E----- EYE TO EYE CONTACT
    E-----ENTHUSIASM
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:35:47 pm by EZIO »
You do not have permission to give points
point 15 Points

Users who gave points in this topic » Superayush (5 Pts) » EZIO (10 Pts) 

Offline Rakson

• Co-Admin
  • Techbits Elite Member

• ASET
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
Re: Interview experiences of various Management Institutes
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:55:59 pm »

INSTITUTES AND INTERVIEWS:

FMS BHU

INTRODUCE YOURSELF BRIEFLY?
  • ANS: NAME, PLACE YOU BELONG TO, GRADUATION, WORK EX (IF SO) AND HOBBIES WHY MBA AFTER ENGINEERING?
  • ANS:DURING MY FOUR YEARS OF ENGINEERING, I PARTICIPATED IN MANY EVENTS RANGING FROM SPORTS TO MUSIC AND HAVE SEEN MYSELF DOING FAIRLY WELL IN ALL OF THEM WHILE COPING UP WITH MY STUDIES.HENCE I NEED TO LEARN ALL THE NUANCES RELATED TO MANAGEMENT SO THAT I CAN BE SUCCESSFUL .WHY FMS AFTER CONVERTING IMT GHAZIABAD,IMI DELHI?
  • ANS: TO MY MIND, IT IS NOT THE INSTITUTE THAT MATTERS BUT IT IS THE LEARNING. CONSIDERING THE RICH FACULTY OF FMS, UNIVERSITY ENVIRONMENT AND THE KIND OF EXPOSURE I WILL GET, IT IS DEFINITELY THE BEST CHOICE I HAVE WITH ME.WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINERING?
  • QUESTIONS ON ACADEMICS,CURRENT AFFAIRS AND WORK EX
  • WHICH IS YOUR NATIVE PLACE? WILL YOU HELP US IF WE COME THERE?

IMT GHAZIABAD

TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF
  • ANS: TOLD ABOUT MY STRENGTH AND DIVERSITY (CHANTING SLOKAS) FOR TWO MINUTES
  • ANS: CHANTED CONFIDENTLY WHY TOO MANY YOUNGSTERS GOING FOR YOGA AND MEDITATION THESE DAYS?
  • ANS: THE ENVIRONMENT HAS BECOME SUCH WHERE EVERYONE IS FINDING WAYS TO BE AT PEACE AND REMAIN HAPPY. YOGA BEING THE BEST WAY TO ACHIEVE THEM, IT IS BEING PRACTICED BY MANY YOUNGSTERS THESE DAYS.WHY 90% ENGINEERS TRYING FOR MBA?
  • ANS: I CAN CONFIDENTLY TELL THAT I CHOSE MANAGEMENT BECAUSE DURING MY ENGINEERING PERIOD, I COULD INDULGE IN MANY SOCIAL PLATFORMS AND COULD CARRY OUT MY RESPONSIBILITIES WELL.HENCE, LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARN MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES SO THAT I AM A BETTER MANAGER IN FUTURE.ARE YOU EXHAUSTED BEING THE LAST PERSON TO BE INTERVIEWED?
  • ANS: I AM FILLED WITH MUCH ENERGY SIR.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 12:00:15 am by EZIO »

Offline Rakson

• Co-Admin
  • Techbits Elite Member

• ASET
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:10:18 pm »

GREAT LAKES CHENNAI

INTRODUCTION
  • WHICH ALL COLLEGES HAVE YOU APPLIED FOR?
  • ANS: TOLD ONLY ABOUT IMT GHAZIABAD SO AS TO AVOID UNWANTED QUESTIONS.WHY GREAT LAKES AFTER CONVERTING IMT GHAZIABAD?
  • BETWEEN YOU AND GREAT LAKES, WHO IS ENGINE AND WHO IS BHOOGIE?
  • I AM THE ENGINE AND GREAT LAKES IS THE BHOOGIE AS IT IS ME WHO WILL DRIVE AND NOT THE DEGREE OF GREAT LAKES.WHERE YOU SEE YOURSELF 10 YEARS DOWN THE LINE?
  • ANS: I SEE MYSELF MOTIVATING MY PEERS AND LEARNING TO GET TO THE NEXT LEVEL.WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS?
  • ANS: TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS A PERSON AND A PROFESSIONAL.IS MBA THE ONLY PATH TO ACHIEVE GOALS?
  • MBA IS NOT THE ONLY PATH, BUT IT IS THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY FOR ME TO ACHIEVE MY GOALS.
NIRMA UNIVERSITY AHMEDABAD
  • WHAT IS BINARY SEARCH TREE?
  • WHICH SEARCH ALGORITHM CAN YOU APPLY IN MALLS?
  • WHAT WERE YOUR ENGINEERING SUBJECTS?
  • WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF DOING MBA?
  • ANS: I WILL LEARN THE NUANCES OF MANAGEMENT IN A STRUCTURAL MANNER WHICH WILL ENHANCE MY ABILITY TO PERFORM DURING TOUGH TIMES AS I WILL BE BETTER EQUIPPED WITH ALL THE LEARNING I GET.YOU CAN WORK FOR TWO YEARS THEN DO MBA, SO WHY YOU WANT TO DO MBA NOW?
  • ANS: IF I WORK FOR TWO YEARS THEN DO MBA, STILL I WILL BE LOOKING FOR POST MBA JOBS. BUT IF I DO MBA NOW AND THEN WORK FOR TWO YEARS, I CAN IMPLEMENT  ALL WHAT  I LEARNT IN TWO YEARS AND HENCE CAN BE MORE EFFECTIVE AND PRODUCTIVE.

BIMTECH NOIDA

INTRODUCTION
  • WHY BIMTECH ?
  • HOW WAS YOUR GD?
  • ANS: MY GD WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE.COULD GD HAVE BEEN BETTER?
  • ANS: YES. GD COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER HAD EVERYONE GOT A CHANCE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSION.DID YOU MAKE A MISTAKE BY NOT GIVING CHANCE TO MANY?
  • ANS: I DO NOT FEEL THAT I DID A MISTAKE BY NOT GIVING CHANCE TO MANY AS THIS IS THE WORLD OF “SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST”.WAS ENGINEERING A MISTAKE?
  • I DO NOT CONSIDER LEARNING AS A MISTAKE. ENGINEERING HELPED ME IMPROVE MY ANALYTICAL SKILLS AND AFTER DOING MBA FROM BIMTECH , I WILL HAVE KNOWLEDGE IN BOTH TECHNICAL AND MANAGEMENT AREAS.YOU COULD HAVE DONE BBA (3 YRS) AND THEN MBA.ISNT IT?
  • ANS: AFTER CLASS 12, BTECH WAS MY ACADEMIC INTEREST , HENCE I PURSUED IT. AND NOW MBA IS MY CAREER INTEREST.WHO IS YOUR ROLE MODEL?
  • ANS: MY DAD (AVOID FAMOUS FIGURES JUST TO AVOID FURTHER QUESTIONS).
[/list]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 12:16:24 am by EZIO »

Offline Superayush

• You have it just keep working for it

• MAIT
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 12:09:07 am »
Thx for sharing pls do share more experiences for same if you get more  :-h

Offline Arjun@88

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 08:46:22 pm »
please tell me the name of coaching institutes which help in preparing for interviews for MNCs

AIMS Test for Management Admissions to be held on December 9

Started by ichawla

Replies: 0
Views: 897
Last post October 14, 2012, 12:49:32 am
by ichawla
CMAT 2013- Common Management Admission Test

Started by Captain America

Replies: 0
Views: 750
Last post April 17, 2013, 04:58:24 pm
by Captain America
Management Studies department of IIT Roorkee- 2014

Replies: 7
Views: 1528
Last post September 26, 2013, 05:44:56 pm
by Captain America
Master of Management Programme at IISC

Replies: 7
Views: 5012
Last post August 31, 2013, 05:00:25 pm
by Captain America
SSB TIPS/EXPERIENCES

Started by UCHIHA

Replies: 4
Views: 1905
Last post September 26, 2014, 06:49:35 pm
by UCHIHA
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49