Author Topic: Tips For Scoring Good Marks  (Read 24506 times)

Offline funjabi

• Alumni

• MAIT
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
Tips For Scoring Good Marks
« on: June 20, 2013, 02:55:15 am »
Note: This is Just for CSE and IT students. Others can have a look too as some of the subjects are common. Difficulty levels mentioned are my own views, may vary vastly from person to person. I am a student who prefers Local Author books if they are good and prefer Foreign authors only in case of no local good book being available. And FYI Im among the Top Students in college
 O:)
DIGITAL CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS 2 aka DCS 2

It can be a very interesting or a very Boring subject, depending on whether you liked DCS 1 or not. This subject assumes that you are thorough with all the concepts of DCS1, so revise them!
It majorly contains VHDL programming, that is you are going to CODE all the circuits that you studied in DCS1 like multiplexer, counter etc
Apart from this it contains some highly confusing concepts of ASM and Asynchronous Circuits which can be difficult to master. Study this subject well to get decent marks.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL- 8/10

BOOKS- If you want to just Pass this subject and Dont want to study it with any dedication or detail, Buy Shiv Shankar Mishra, a very thin book covering all the syllabus in summary :P
Otherwise I would prefer VHDL Primer by Bhaskar for VHDL and Shiv Shankar mishra or notes for Rest syllabus.

Java Programming and Website Design

A Very Very Very Vast Subject. There is a reason I wrote very 3 times. IPU expects you to master a Programming Language like Java in 1 semester :tabthr
The Syllabus covers both Core and Advanced Java. And it was not enough, they added website designing too. It covers everything from basic Input output to Advanced concepts like applets, servlets etc.
STUDY THIS SUBJECT FROM THE START AS IT CANNOT BE EVEN REVISED IN A DAY. (for end term)
Students familiar with programming might feel in safe hands with this though. Thats why it is recommended that you start learning it from summer holidays itself (some institute or self)
The Exam though in my time was all theory and everyone passed.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL- 9/10  (Actually just Vast, not tough)
BOOKS- the Bible for Java, Herbert Schildt "Java The Complete Reference"
Yes, foreign author but you need it. You guys have to study around 1000 pages to cover 3 units :P
But it is worth it. Dont buy any Local Author book for it, it wont cover the syllabus plus you wont learn anything. Its an advice.

Computer Architecture

An Interesting subject. You will study how a Computer is made, what it is made of, how does it work logically etc etc. A comparatively easy subject. Contains loads of diagrams though which you will need to remember. First few chapters are easy, but difficulty increases gradually. You dont need to study a lot, just grasp the logic behind anything and write your answers. Questions from previous years are generally repeated.You will study everything from Cpu to memory to peripheral devices, very much similar to DCS 1.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL- 6/10

BOOKS- Morris Mano is highly recommended. If you just want an Exact Copy of it with extra details  removed so that you have to study less, buy Deepak Gupta.

DBMS

A Very Important subject to study, which will help in the future in almost every field. It deals with Databases, SQL and other related things. You will have to rattafy a lot in the first few chapters before the interesting query things come. Pay attention to DBMS lab too as it will help.
The Subject is not difficult at all if you get your basics right. Some concepts of last year's software engineering lab will come handy too. Some of the topics towards the End are quite easy, so learn them well to score good in exam.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL- 7/10 (Just because of SQL part else a 6)

BOOKS-
.Korth is the Bible for DBMS. But I just couldnt read it, it was boring. So I bought Rajiv Chopra , which is good enough to get good marks in this subject. It is well written but has some mistakes. The theory part is good, so you wont need to buy notes. Deepak Gupta is available as well but I didnt read it.
Organisational Behavior

:qui
Yeah, this is what this subject deserves. No Concepts at all. The Only Management subject you will study in Engineering. Common to all branches, except Mechanical, I wonder why they dont need management :O)

You will need to put your Ratta Caps on for this one as You need mindless studying for it. Some of the topics are general, so Its better you Write your own answers rather than Cramming them. It covers Management topics like Managment skills, tasks of a manager etc etc, which you have to learn. Pay least attention to this subject.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL- Depends on Your Ratta Skills , Maybe a 5/10

BOOKS-T N Chhabra is what everyone read. So study it only. I studied from Notes which are here on techbits and some were from the photocopy shops.

Linux and X Windows Programming ( CSE Exclusive)
It is taught to only the Cse Students and one of the main reason why Cse Students get a little edge over IT students. It can be a very important subject if you have interest in it, as Many Companies work on Linux or UNIX platform rather than windows. It covers everything from basic on/off of Linux systems to Programming a Linux System. It has a HUGE, I repeat HUGE number of Commands which you will have to learn. It is advised to learn it by Practicing on the System, as you will understand better.
Commands range from Shutting down to Disk Repair to Filters etc, it covers all aspects of linux. In the End it has a little part of X Windows, which is very confusing and In my opinion Cannot be studied completely :P In the later parts, Shell Scripting is fun to learn and master.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL- 8/10  (Needs learning of commands)

BOOKS-UNIX concepts and Applications by Sumitabha Das is what you should refer to Master this subject. If you are interested in just Passing this subject, study from IPU tailormade Linux and XWindows Programming by Sanjay Malhotra, Katson Publications.

DIGITAL COMMUNICATION (IT EXCLUSIVE)

It is subject for IT Students only. I dont have much Idea about it but It is similar to Communication System you studies in last semester. Easy Subject if you were good at it, Follow the same book Sanjay Sharma I guess?

P.S It took me more than 1 hour to Think, Recall and Write this. Atleast say thanx or Share it with your friends on Facebook etc so that it can Benefit More People and my Purpose is served :angel:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 11:40:01 am by funjabi »
You do not have permission to give points
point 397 Points

Users who gave points in this topic » Champ (10 Pts) » najirpehlwan1 (5 Pts) » DPSC (10 Pts) » aim (5 Pts) » thor (4 Pts) » Abhi Garg (10 Pts) » sghi (2 Pts) » harrysr93 (5 Pts) » sahil8ab (2 Pts) » hmnshu215 (5 Pts) » dipsi (3 Pts) » abhilashaverma (5 Pts) » nbnb (5 Pts) » ramanjeet (4 Pts) » chk1827 (4 Pts) » shivanshu (5 Pts) » deepansh.sachdeva (4 Pts) » nilesh140492 (2 Pts) » pqrs (5 Pts) » vipcool7 (5 Pts) » insane_ani7 (5 Pts) » ishan191093 (2 Pts) » sanc (5 Pts) » arvind.ali (5 Pts) » sushant.alpha (4 Pts) » divgupta (4 Pts) » sagrma (10 Pts) » Pankaj Nelson Tirkey (3 Pts) » LalitD (5 Pts) » Pavas (5 Pts) » iAmJilani (2 Pts) » ankimimi (5 Pts) » anuj87 (2 Pts) » BAT-MAN (5 Pts) » frnds (2 Pts) » AleenaSiddiqui (4 Pts) » cool.abhishek (1 Pts) » rahulseth (3 Pts) » CHAUHAN (5 Pts) » pinkesh (5 Pts) » CHYNAVEEN (2 Pts) » gaur (3 Pts) » bhavana.t (5 Pts) » vanyas77 (4 Pts) » blossom (5 Pts) » Deepshikha18 (5 Pts) » Jyotman94 (5 Pts) » ayusanish (5 Pts) » rahulrawmittal (3 Pts) » Mysterious (5 Pts) » ShantnuDabla (2 Pts) » Deepender (2 Pts) » singhsuraj731 (2 Pts) » jindalabhishek20 (5 Pts) » saurabh.arora (5 Pts) » kingofhell (5 Pts) » Superayush (5 Pts) » EZIO (10 Pts) » AbScLaW (5 Pts) » rohan001 (5 Pts) » abhishek sisodia (2 Pts) » ajeetrocks100 (3 Pts) » rd (2 Pts) » nehal khanna (2 Pts) » sahilbudhiraja95 (2 Pts) » hargun_sethi (5 Pts) » pranavsaini160 (5 Pts) » shekhar_abhishek (5 Pts) » versharana (4 Pts) » bpit (5 Pts) » rajatkumar2024322 (2 Pts) » himanshu sagta (4 Pts) » ani_indiana (3 Pts) » rajatdhiman311 (2 Pts) » Neev (4 Pts) » nitish2794 (5 Pts) » maites (5 Pts) » himanksood (1 Pts) » realmadridfc (5 Pts) » kumar.abhi404 (2 Pts) » abhinav210594 (3 Pts) » ilika (5 Pts) » anirudhb029 (5 Pts) » Axedsoul (5 Pts) » shubham1993jain (5 Pts) » UCHIHA (10 Pts) » rajeev2201 (3 Pts) » ankitdoly (2 Pts) » Balkeerat Singh (2 Pts) » Thevilaa (5 Pts) » Mohd Saad (2 Pts) » letmethought (2 Pts) » bharat127 (2 Pts) » curoid (5 Pts) » ashish410 (3 Pts) 

Offline pikachu

• pika......pikaa.........
  • Co-Admin
  • Techbits Elite Member
  • pika......pikaa.........
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
Re: Tips For Scoring Good Marks
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 10:39:17 am »

Great write up ....thankss :clap :clap

DC syylbi is matching ditto with CS , don't know what was the need of this repitition ....

Offline badass

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 10:43:35 am »
Thanks a lot
Been waiting for this post so...  /:)
 :punish

Offline Champ

• KilLeR
  • Alumni
  • KilLeR

• MAIT
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 10:49:52 am »
Thanks a lot sir  :adore1 :adore1 :adore1   :S

+15 to u for this  :S
  JAAT BOY..
Be Unstoppable

Offline najirpehlwan1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 11:26:56 am »
nice...great info as usual

Offline funjabi

• Alumni

• MAIT
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 11:39:07 am »

Great write up ....thankss :clap :clap

DC syylbi is matching ditto with CS , don't know what was the need of this repitition ....

Even in Next semester IT guys will have digital communication 2 which has the same syllabus :D While CSE will have multimedia.

Offline Champ

• KilLeR
  • Alumni
  • KilLeR

• MAIT
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 11:42:08 am »

Even in Next semester IT guys will have digital communication 2 which has the same syllabus :D While CSE will have multimedia.

aaj 5th sem ka lecture plan dekha to ehsas hua ki CSE is the toughest branch :/

we have already 3 of the 6 subjects that EEE students gonna study and 1 of ECE :/
  JAAT BOY..
Be Unstoppable

Offline funjabi

• Alumni

• MAIT
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 11:45:57 am »

we have already 3 of the 6 subjects that EEE students gonna study and 1 of ECE :/

6th Semester of CSE is the Easiest among all the branches :)
Just finished with it, just 2 difficult subjects, rest are all ratta stuff.

IMO overall ECE is the toughest along with maybe EEE, But lets not discuss that here :P

Offline cosmo_geek

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 06:20:54 pm »
Note: This is Just for CSE and IT students. Others can have a look too as some of the subjects are common. Difficulty levels mentioned are my own views, may vary vastly from person to person. I am a student who prefers Local Author books if they are good and prefer Foreign authors only in case of no local good book being available. And FYI Im among the Top Students in college
 O:)
DIGITAL CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS 2 aka DCS 2

It can be a very interesting or a very Boring subject, depending on whether you liked DCS 1 or not. This subject assumes that you are thorough with all the concepts of DCS1, so revise them!
It majorly contains VHDL programming, that is you are going to CODE all the circuits that you studied in DCS1 like multiplexer, counter etc
Apart from this it contains some highly confusing concepts of ASM and Asynchronous Circuits which can be difficult to master. Study this subject well to get decent marks.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL- 8/10

BOOKS- If you want to just Pass this subject and Dont want to study it with any dedication or detail, Buy Shiv Shankar Mishra, a very thin book covering all the syllabus in summary :P
Otherwise I would prefer VHDL Primer by Bhaskar for VHDL and Shiv Shankar mishra or notes for Rest syllabus.

Java Programming and Website Design

A Very Very Very Vast Subject. There is a reason I wrote very 3 times. IPU expects you to master a Programming Language like Java in 1 semester :tabthr
The Syllabus covers both Core and Advanced Java. And it was not enough, they added website designing too. It covers everything from basic Input output to Advanced concepts like applets, servlets etc.
STUDY THIS SUBJECT FROM THE START AS IT CANNOT BE EVEN REVISED IN A DAY. (for end term)
Students familiar with programming might feel in safe hands with this though. Thats why it is recommended that you start learning it from summer holidays itself (some institute or self)
The Exam though in my time was all theory and everyone passed.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL- 9/10  (Actually just Vast, not tough)
BOOKS- the Bible for Java, Herbert Schildt "Java The Complete Reference"
Yes, foreign author but you need it. You guys have to study around 1000 pages to cover 3 units :P
But it is worth it. Dont buy any Local Author book for it, it wont cover the syllabus plus you wont learn anything. Its an advice.

Computer Architecture

An Interesting subject. You will study how a Computer is made, what it is made of, how does it work logically etc etc. A comparatively easy subject. Contains loads of diagrams though which you will need to remember. First few chapters are easy, but difficulty increases gradually. You dont need to study a lot, just grasp the logic behind anything and write your answers. Questions from previous years are generally repeated.You will study everything from Cpu to memory to peripheral devices, very much similar to DCS 1.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL- 6/10

BOOKS- Morris Mano is highly recommended. If you just want an Exact Copy of it with extra details  removed so that you have to study less, buy Deepak Gupta.

DBMS

A Very Important subject to study, which will help in the future in almost every field. It deals with Databases, SQL and other related things. You will have to rattafy a lot in the first few chapters before the interesting query things come. Pay attention to DBMS lab too as it will help.
The Subject is not difficult at all if you get your basics right. Some concepts of last year's software engineering lab will come handy too. Some of the topics towards the End are quite easy, so learn them well to score good in exam.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL- 7/10 (Just because of SQL part else a 6)

BOOKS-
.Korth is the Bible for DBMS. But I just couldnt read it, it was boring. So I bought Rajiv Chopra , which is good enough to get good marks in this subject. It is well written but has some mistakes. The theory part is good, so you wont need to buy notes. Deepak Gupta is available as well but I didnt read it.
Organisational Behavior

:qui
Yeah, this is what this subject deserves. No Concepts at all. The Only Management subject you will study in Engineering. Common to all branches, except Mechanical, I wonder why they dont need management :O)

You will need to put your Ratta Caps on for this one as You need mindless studying for it. Some of the topics are general, so Its better you Write your own answers rather than Cramming them. It covers Management topics like Managment skills, tasks of a manager etc etc, which you have to learn. Pay least attention to this subject.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL- Depends on Your Ratta Skills , Maybe a 5/10

BOOKS-T N Chhabra is what everyone read. So study it only. I studied from Notes which are here on techbits and some were from the photocopy shops.

Linux and X Windows Programming ( CSE Exclusive)
It is taught to only the Cse Students and one of the main reason why Cse Students get a little edge over IT students. It can be a very important subject if you have interest in it, as Many Companies work on Linux or UNIX platform rather than windows. It covers everything from basic on/off of Linux systems to Programming a Linux System. It has a HUGE, I repeat HUGE number of Commands which you will have to learn. It is advised to learn it by Practicing on the System, as you will understand better.
Commands range from Shutting down to Disk Repair to Filters etc, it covers all aspects of linux. In the End it has a little part of X Windows, which is very confusing and In my opinion Cannot be studied completely :P In the later parts, Shell Scripting is fun to learn and master.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL- 8/10  (Needs learning of commands)

BOOKS-UNIX concepts and Applications by Sumitabha Das is what you should refer to Master this subject. If you are interested in just Passing this subject, study from IPU tailormade Linux and XWindows Programming by Sanjay Malhotra, Katson Publications.

DIGITAL COMMUNICATION (IT EXCLUSIVE)

It is subject for IT Students only. I dont have much Idea about it but It is similar to Communication System you studies in last semester. Easy Subject if you were good at it, Follow the same book Sanjay Sharma I guess?

P.S It took me more than 1 hour to Think, Recall and Write this. Atleast say thanx or Share it with your friends on Facebook etc so that it can Benefit More People and my Purpose is served :angel:

great work =))

n yes for communicational it was sanjay sharma, so digi too sanjay sharma

n really great work, as i m studing ASPDOT net , so i m thinking to study DBMS as u gave an idea abut d subjects

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:48:53 am by funjabi »

Offline T3rminator

• Always believe in yourself...
  • Administrator
  • Techbits Elite Member
  • Always believe in yourself...

• MAIT
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 07:57:17 pm »

CSE is the toughest branch :qui
Hearing this for first time :lol

Offline DPSC

• Alumni
  • Techbits Elite Member

• GTBIT
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
    • http://mycampusnotes.com
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 08:09:42 pm »
thanks a lot bro...  :clap :clap :clap

Offline Tribal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 11:59:24 pm »
Thanks a lot sir!
 :clap

Offline Champ

• KilLeR
  • Alumni
  • KilLeR

• MAIT
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 11:24:40 am »
CSE is the toughest branch :qui
Hearing this for first time :lol

khud dekh lo lesson plan :|
aap to bolo e mat EEE wale bacche  :O)

aapke 3 subject humne already padh liye  :O)
  JAAT BOY..
Be Unstoppable

Offline badass

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 06:22:52 pm »
There are 2 books for Java by Herbert Schildt, Java The Complete Reference and Java 2 The Complete Reference. Does anyome know what's the difference between the two, which is better and which our university follows?
 :punish

Offline funjabi

• Alumni

• MAIT
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 11:23:39 pm »
There are 2 books for Java by Herbert Schildt, Java The Complete Reference and Java 2 The Complete Reference. Does anyome know what's the difference between the two, which is better and which our university follows?

Java had 2 release versions by Sun Microsystems, Java 1 and the next version which was much improved, they called it Java 2. IPU follows the new Java 2.0 and thus you should buy that one :)

Tips to strengthen your concepts(5th semester Made easy)

Started by Cosmos

Replies: 1
Views: 5511
Last post July 31, 2013, 01:36:06 pm
by nbnb
TIPS FOR SUBJECTS OF ECE BRANCH 5TH SEM, SENIORS PLZZ GUIDE :)

Started by SAP9

Replies: 4
Views: 3863
Last post July 14, 2013, 11:21:48 am
by SAP9
Suggest books and tips for studying Microprocessors and Microcontrollers

Started by whatever

Replies: 1
Views: 37702
Last post October 09, 2016, 11:59:33 am
by UCHIHA
tips for scoring good marks

Started by Tribal

Replies: 2
Views: 1436
Last post June 20, 2013, 01:52:47 am
by funjabi
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49