Author Topic: Tips for Scoring Good Marks  (Read 68013 times)

Offline Cosmos

• Alumni
  • Be Modest,first step towards success
    • _
      others
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
Tips for Scoring Good Marks
« on: January 20, 2012, 07:30:18 pm »
Software Engineering

Totally a "ratta" subject,and i think majority of the students agree with this.......there is not a single concept in this subject which is to be
understood......you just have to cram,cram and cram....but this subject can fetch you good marks......plus its an important subject from the
point of view of placements and GATE exam,if you have interest in this subject you can opt for Software testing in 8th semester and Requirement and Estimation Techniques in 7th semester.....and mind
you Testers and Debuggers are handsomely paid....

This subject is  all about how a software should be developed,i.e. from requirement phase to testing phase and release of software.....
I have made the notes for the same during my GATE preparation and will recommend you to refer them for your study material, here's the link for it:

http://techbits.co.in/forum/4th-semester/software-engineering-notes(short-and-simplified-version)/

Book-
The  book that i read and all other IPU'ians read is K.K.Aggarwal....and i think its the best for both exam and knowledge purpose....

Algorithm Design and Analysis

Here comes the great grand daddy of Data Structures.....ADA,as it is popularly known as in IPU,some pronounce it as DAA.....

If you want to be a programmer or coder in future,then this is the subject  you need to master......however literally you can't master this subject
 as the mathematics part of this subject is practically out of reach for  most of us......but what you can do is to master all the
algorithms,especially from Graphs.....if you want to take my advice then practice all the algorithms by coding them in c/c++,only then you can
say that you have master the algorithms.....coding part is a bit difficult as a 10 line algo in graph will span to 170-180 line of
code(LOC) in c/c++,but go on and try them,they can be fun at times.....

For non-programmers,this subject can be a headache,just cram up the algorithms and try the numerical that come in the exams i.e. from
dynamic programming,etc.....you will pass the subject with decent marks....

The above info was written when i was in 3rd year, now i am graduating from IPU and want to add more about the subject, if you want to be a programmer/want to pursue M.Tech. this is the most important subject for you...luckily i have made some concise notes for the subject which you can refer to, i am attaching the link for the same:

http://techbits.co.in/forum/4th-semester/complete-algorithm-notes/

There are numerous free online courses and you can visit them if you want to clear off your concepts, i am attaching links for you:

https://www.coursera.org/course/algo

https://www.coursera.org/course/algo2

https://www.coursera.org/course/aofa

https://www.coursera.org/course/algs4partI

https://www.coursera.org/course/algs4partII

Book-
Introduction to Algorithms by Cormen,Rivest and others(no other book,i.e.NO Deepak Gupta and others).....these people are MIT'ians and MIT here means  Massachussets Institute of Technology and not any Madhavpur Institute of  Technology...these people are highly educated and their book is the
Bible for programmers.....but dont study the book on last night before the exam.....atleast start studying this subject 2 weeks before the exam
to have some understanding of the subject.....

Digital Circuits and Systems-1

Popularly known as DCS 1 is an interesting subject.....it comprises of Combinational circuits+Sequential Circuits......these terms may sound new to most of the readers,but according to me it is the most easy
subject in 4th semester.....you dont have to cram anything in this subject....this is the most conceptual subject of this semester.....clear off all your concepts of different gates and circuits  in this semester only otherwise you may have to suffer in DCS 2 where coding part is there....
Hereís the link for concise notes of the subject, you can refer them if you have doubts about the subject:

http://techbits.co.in/forum/4th-semester/complete-digital-circuits-systems-notes/

Book-
If you have ample of time and you like to play with circuits comprising of  gates,then Morris Mano is the best book for this subject....
otherwise if you are accustomed to study a week before the exam like me  ,then go for Salivahanan,it has simple language+easy to master concepts.....

Communication System

For IT/ECE people,this subject is very important....and especially IT(not CSE) people this subject is your core subject as the same syllabus is repeated in 5th and 6th semester also,so better clear the concepts in
this semester only as it will help you in the coming semesters....the syllabus of this subject is really vast.....you just cant complete it in 1 day,so better complete this subject ahead of time....

Book-
If you are a nerd and you want knowledge then go for combination of Simon Haykins+Taub & Schilling,otherwise go for Sanjay Sharma which is tailor-made for IPU....

Computer Graphics

This subject is mostly theoretical and the mathematics part of this subject is very difficult,so difficult that our even our teacher couldnt do that.....the mathematics part of this subject is from vectors(remember
vectors which you have done while preparing for IIT entrance exam)....The theory part is to be crammed up,you can't do anything for that....

Book-
Baker+Schaum

Operating System
I still remember when i gave the exam last year, the question paper got leaked somehow and we have to wait 2 hours outside the exam center so that the administration can change the question paper.....in the end when we entered the examination hall and we got the paper it was all havoc.....we had to solve the paper which was set for MCA....there was no other choice but to solve the paper, it was totally off syllabus....but the good news is that IPU clears all the students in
OS..... now,some serious business.....this is very important subject for knowledge point of view for IT/CSE people, plus this subject is in the syllabus for GATE entrance exam......this subject has vast
syllabus and you just can't complete it in one day,so better try to complete the syllabus ahead of time....
having said so I have made notes for the subject and you donít need to refer any other book, I am attaching the link for the same:

http://techbits.co.in/forum/4th-semester/complete-operating-system-notes/

Book-
Galvin                       
William Stallings(Better than Galvin)

If you have any doubts,or you want to ask something,or you want to add something else,then please reply....
thank you.....

A message to all:
This is my own experience and experience varies from person to person, i strongly discourage people to
study from Indian Authors(Katsons) until and unless there are no other options left.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 02:42:25 pm by Cosmos »
Contact me on the link given below:

You do not have permission to give points
point 118 Points

Users who gave points in this topic » stanzin (5 Pts) » peterpulkit (3 Pts) » harshitprakash (3 Pts) » KHYATISHIKHABALIYAN (2 Pts) » krishanlakhiwal (4 Pts) » nakul1234 (5 Pts) » chk1827 (4 Pts) » AleenaSiddiqui (4 Pts) » CHAUHAN (5 Pts) » saurabh.arora (5 Pts) » akashtyagi37 (5 Pts) » Pooh (5 Pts) » vanyas77 (4 Pts) » ppinku (5 Pts) » AkshayBabbar (3 Pts) » stivinnaura (5 Pts) » ajaykrishankashyap (2 Pts) » blossom (5 Pts) » aasmaa (4 Pts) » ddudeno1 (5 Pts) » anhadpb (2 Pts) » Mason (5 Pts) » paramg1 (2 Pts) » Chiggy222 (2 Pts) » studytime (2 Pts) » harshch (5 Pts) » Deepak Ranga (2 Pts) » Small Wonder (5 Pts) » nishant1505 (3 Pts) » rawatkanishk69 (2 Pts) » dushyantgtbit (5 Pts) 

Offline Shankynayak

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 10:30:09 pm »
thanku sir for the precious tips :)  

:angel:

Offline currently12345

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 11:05:00 pm »
Thanxx!!

Offline sherlock-holmes

• _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 11:47:49 pm »
thnku sir    

Offline PrinceofPersia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 02:07:01 pm »
Thanks a lot cosmos sir but cud u please suggest a tailor made book of ip for graphics bcoz i bought baker :nerd:  for it but m finding it very difficult to understand anything from it.....  :frus  ):(

Offline ULTIMATEENIGMA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 03:58:00 pm »
thanks cosmos sir, i have waited for this alot :)
please if could upload some notes in coming weeks it would be helpful :)

Offline Cosmos

• Alumni
    • _
      others
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 04:50:38 pm »
Quote from: PrinceofPersia on January 21, 2012, 02:07:01 pm
Thanks a lot cosmos sir but cud u please suggest a tailor made book of ip for graphics bcoz i bought baker :nerd:  for it but m finding it very difficult to understand anything from it.....  :frus  ):(

Baker+ Schaum is the ultimate combination....i have some notes which i will upload as soon as possible....

Offline Cosmos

• Alumni
    • _
      others
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 04:51:09 pm »
Quote from: ULTIMATEENIGMA on January 21, 2012, 03:58:00 pm
thanks cosmos sir, i have waited for this alot :)
please if could upload some notes in coming weeks it would be helpful :)

will provide you all the notes as soon as possible....

Offline PrinceofPersia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 10:11:15 pm »
Thx so much sir.... :hd  :clap1

Offline thekingofrajput

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 10:05:43 am »
Good job

Offline dexxter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 11:18:35 pm »
thanks a lot seniors for the advice, it helps!!!!

Offline Sanya_

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 06:30:25 pm »
awesome tips :cc ..thnks:) :) :clap1  :clap1
stay blessed!!! :angel:

Offline mohitdirect

• Be what u are.
  • Be what u are.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mohit.iglobule.com
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 09:28:59 pm »
Thank you for valuable insight

Offline mohitdirect

• Be what u are.
  • Be what u are.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mohit.iglobule.com
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 10:00:50 pm »
Although I am in 2nd year ECE, the following things I have noticed..  for ECE subjects

Analog Electronics-2

The level of difficulty from AE-1 has truly decreased..
The subject is eaily understandable...

BOOKS:

I am using D Roy Chaudhary and J B Gupta....    anyone of these

Communication System-1:

The inception of this subject has been gud. The concepts of noise Am , Angle Modulation are easy to grasp...

Books:  Use Sanjay Sharma

EMFT

The subject is totally based upon the past years..  little concepts of 11th and 12 th class...   Vectors and Physics-2 of second semster will made the path more easy...

Books:

Till now the choices of books are not yet finalised but you may use SP Seth...

Offline anudgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 07:51:03 pm »
extreml awsome tips!!!! hope these tips ( written in simple nd yet extremly coprehensive manner) help me!! thanx alot... :D :hd  :clap1
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:53:19 pm by anudgr8 »

SUGGESTED BOOKS AND TIPS FOR CSE 4th SEM

Started by pottyman

Replies: 0
Views: 25290
Last post December 26, 2016, 11:55:23 pm
by pottyman
Tips To Score Better?

Started by thekingofrajput

Replies: 2
Views: 1495
Last post January 11, 2012, 12:51:01 am
by Shankynayak
tips for the sem

Started by galaxystarz

Replies: 25
Views: 7851
Last post January 13, 2012, 02:27:11 pm
by RzR1911
Re: Tips for Scoring Good Marks

Started by bhavana.t

Replies: 0
Views: 853
Last post May 28, 2013, 08:35:59 pm
by bhavana.t
Tips for scoring good marks in EEE

Started by Captain America

Replies: 5
Views: 2283
Last post January 08, 2014, 11:17:27 pm
by T3rminator
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49