Poll

toughest subject of 3rd semester

Author Topic: Tips for scoring Good Marks  (Read 152882 times)

Offline Cosmos

• Alumni
  • Be Modest,first step towards success
    • _
      others
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
Tips for scoring Good Marks
« on: June 12, 2011, 11:00:31 am »
Applied Mathematics-3

Applied Mathematics-3 as i think is the toughest of all three......it has fourier analysis,fourier transform which will be very important in 4th sem(communication systems).....fourier transform is not at all an easy topic....you have to devote your time for this chapter....its not like ki last day padhne baithe aur saare concepts clear kar liye,not at all this time.....my advice for you is to study this subject regularly.....

this time ony V.P.Mishra wont fetch you high marks.....i forgot the name of the book that out teacher told us to refer apart from Mishra.....consult your teacher about this book....

Analog Electronics

According to me the toughest subject of 3rd semester(for CSE/IT guys).....when i was in 3rd sem i took this subject lightly and so all of my classmates,the result was i passed it with 14.5/30,whereas the highest marks was 18 and 95% class failed(its because of the unusual pattern of the question paper,question paper for CSE/IT students is prepare different from that of ECE/EEE guys,conceptually the question paper must be theoritical for CSE/IT guys and numerical for ECE/EEE guys,but what comes out is completely opposite,our question paper was filled with numericals)......the result was that students got 1/30,2/30,2.5/30 and so on.....however the justice was done to us in the end sem exam when the complete question paper was theoritical....

i studied this subject with greatest devotion......

Books-Millman/J.B.Gupta(anyone)....

read any book but with devotion,only then you can score good in this subject....

Circuits and Systems

A subject in which you can easily scre above 90 by studying it for 3-4 days in the complete semester.......just practice each numerical from the book int these 3-4 days and you will surely get >90.....i did and scored 91....an easy subject.....

Book-K.M.Soni

Foundation of Computer Systems

Another easy subject.....will be very helpful if you have any interest in Artificial Intelligence......its just Mathematics(a.k.a Discrete Mathematics)......this subject consisits of Sets,Combinations,functions and relations(which you have studied in +2).......also includes combinatronics(i.e.permutaion and combinations which you have studied in +2 as well).....and a topic graph which is same as that in Data Structures.....

Book-Anjana Gupta

Object Oriented Programming Using C++

Easy subject if you previously studied it(in +2 or in summer holidays)......but last year the question paper of this subject comes out to be highly unpredictable.....some of the questions(almost 25%) were way above the head........whenever you get a chance have a look at the question paper........if you want to score good marks study Balaguruswamy......and if you want to clear all your concepts then study Robert Lafore......however,dont study Robert Lafore in the 11th hour,you will definitely stumble......

Read Robert Lafore in your free time only and if you want to sharpen your skills in C++,refer to "Test your c++ skills" by Yashwant Kanetkar.....and if you are really a geek refer "Spirit of C" by Moolish Cooper(but that's for C only).....

Data Structures

Great Grandson of Algorithm Design and Analysis(that will come in 4th semester)......it includes algorithms for various data structures used in any programming environment(like arrays,linked lists,graphs,trees,etc)....also include sorting,hashing,etc......for me its an interesting subject.....if you want to be a programmer then this is the subject to start your carrier......read it with utter determination....but if you dont like programming just cram up all the algorithms and you will clear the subject with distinction....

Books-Schaum Series,Y.Langsam(for programming in C++/C).....

any queries reply here....
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:05:52 am by DPSC »
Contact me on the link given below:

You do not have permission to give points
point 145 Points

Users who gave points in this topic » surbhi.grover (5 Pts) » Sam (10 Pts) » saurabh.arora (5 Pts) » GAJENDERS (1 Pts) » CHYNAVEEN (3 Pts) » prince13 (5 Pts) » aakanksha19594 (2 Pts) » AleenaSiddiqui (3 Pts) » Pooh (5 Pts) » geetrana (5 Pts) » vinayaksharma28 (4 Pts) » MS (2 Pts) » deepak1994 (2 Pts) » joy1994 (4 Pts) » rajatkumar2024322 (2 Pts) » Small Wonder (5 Pts) » singh.rohit (3 Pts) » blackbird437 (3 Pts) » Saurabmathur (1 Pts) » architgarg (5 Pts) » rishabhjain30 (5 Pts) » abhininetyfour (5 Pts) » taniket (4 Pts) » Abhishekcr9 (5 Pts) » superad (1 Pts) » coolrishbhowmick1996 (5 Pts) » QQ AA (5 Pts) » iqbaljitsingh (5 Pts) » nightwalker (5 Pts) » Anurag thakur (5 Pts) » priyankasingh (5 Pts) » utsav jha (5 Pts) » tusharmathur54@gmail.com (4 Pts) » Anshmeet (2 Pts) » Varun27K (2 Pts) » gagan Deep (2 Pts) » Rohit Aggarwal (5 Pts) 

Offline mohitdirect

• Be what u are.
  • Be what u are.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mohit.iglobule.com
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 04:42:07 pm »
Hello bhai...    i am in ece and wanted to know that j b gupta to be reffered is that fat one or the thin one....     can u spot some important topics regarding ece...  
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:43:23 pm by mohitdirect »

Offline DPSC

• Alumni
  • Techbits Elite Member

• GTBIT
    • _
      CSE
    • View Profile
    • http://mycampusnotes.com
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 03:34:19 am »
thanks @cosmos bro for the tips  :clap1  :clap1
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:43:23 am by DPSC »

Offline XYLS

• The Awesomeness Deployer™
  • Alumni

• NIEC
    • _
      Not Specified
    • View Profile
    • Coding Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 01:37:08 am »
Cosmos sir, what about Signal and Systems for the ECE branch...

Offline T3rminator

• Always believe in yourself...
  • Administrator
  • Techbits Elite Member
  • Always believe in yourself...

• MAIT
    • _
      EEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 09:47:47 pm »
For EEE guys.

4 of the subjects are same as above i.e. Applied Mathematics-3, Analog Electronics, Circuits and Systems and Data Structures.

Out of these Analog and Circuits & Systems are the most important subjects for EEE as they are important subjects of GATE/IES. Make sure you give enough time to Circuits and Systems as this subject forms the base of your field.

Other 2 subjects are

1. Electromechanical Energy Conversion System: This subject deals with electrical machines and transformers. One of the most difficult subjects in whole engineering. And a very important subject for GATE/IES. You will need to give a lot of time to this subject. Books that can be referred are Ashfag Hussain, Nagrath & Kothari, JB Gupta.

2. Electrical Engineering Materials: One of the most easiest subject, though quite boring. Mostly based on 2nd sem physics topics. Book to be referred is RK Rajput.

Offline JAYA_KUMARI

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 09:01:48 am »
Hey I am in IT...data structure ke liye kya deepak gupta sahi h...ya schaum series best h....

Offline JAYA_KUMARI

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 09:02:07 am »
Hey I am in IT...data structure ke liye kya deepak gupta sahi h...ya schaum series best h....

Offline saurabhvashishtha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 06:52:08 am »
o yaar koi civil ka lecture plan, syllabus to upload karo , this site not at all proving to be helpful for civil engg... :frus   :tabthr  :at wits end

Offline amalcar41

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 03:15:59 pm »
can sum1 give tips regarding MAE subjects ??

Offline garima777

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 08:32:17 pm »
wat bout signal n system yar.......pls tell bout it also....n ds k algo ratt lene se clear ho jaega kya....q ki jo mam kara rahi hai n jo book mein hai...its different pls ply............

Offline Connoisseur

• Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 03:24:09 am »
EEE[/b]

Circuit & Systems :

K.M. Soni and D.Roy Chaudhary

I would reckon to First complete KM Soni, most of the times the full paper is from KM Soni, but DR Chaudhary needs to be there, for reference and, some topics are always flunked by books of Katson Publications and its the case with KM Soni.

Analog Electronics :

Only J.B. Gupta, please dont get the cheaper lighter version, it is not suitable for EEE or ECE, questions always change their pattern, u seem to get something which are not explicitly mentioned on your Syllabus or Lecture Plans, take a deep study of Last Year Question Papers, and EEE guys do try to get the ECE guys paper too, I have seen that many questions of the First part (25 Marks) were similar to ECE Paper, which was held just 2 Days back. So u need to be somewhat cunning in your preparations.

Data Structures :

As this is not for your background, but at the end of your course, many IT companies will visit the campus and what they need is a good base in Date Structures, DBMS, an C++, so with that u need to study this subject well, this is an easy subject for those who have studied C++ at 12 level, but those who are new to it, try to attend as much classes, make full use of labs, make random programs to get ur basics right. Many theoretical ques. do come in this paper, refer Schaum Series as main book, and Deepak Gupta is also a must, a greater part of course is not there in Schaum Series, or if it is there, it is not there comprehensively, so pls take Deepak Gupta for sure.

End is not the end, in fact E.N.D is "Effort Never Dies" & if you get NO in answer, then remember NO is "Next Opportunity". Always be positive...:)

Offline Connoisseur

• Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 03:25:31 am »
Maths :
You must have now known the way to how to study, but still some tips might help :
Laplace is the most scoring here, this helps alot to score well, try to do it well side-by-side as this wont be there in any of the internal exams so doing it in Final Exam time makes it hectic and difficult to study, u will need this in Circuit in Systems, and EEE guys would need this further. The Fouriers are very difficult i must admit, but the parts of partial diffrentiation are doable, direct VP Mishra questions are seen in paper.

EMEC - I :
A very very Important paper for EEE guys, u must have studied it through in Electrical Sciences, and I have seen the Results shown a sudden increase in marks averaging 75-80, at our time half of the class used to get backs in Electrical Sciences, so pls not take it for Granted that u have passes E.S. with good marks then u would do EMEC as well, the course is somewhat same but u need to be good in Numericals, this subject gonna be very much used in later semesters, u will find EMEC topics applications in atleast 5 Subjects afterwards. also If u aim Gate / ies afterwards or any core jobs needs this subject for sure.

ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING MATERIALS :
R.K. Rajput nothing else to say. That book suffices all your needs. A really good book. It all theory theory, write as much as you can, fill as much sheets as you could, just the starting of the answer needs to be very good.  :P

So I guess everyone's doubt I have taken up.
End is not the end, in fact E.N.D is "Effort Never Dies" & if you get NO in answer, then remember NO is "Next Opportunity". Always be positive...:)

Offline garima777

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 05:39:53 pm »
wat bout the subj.signal and system.....ece brnch........n agr aapke pass circuit n system ki km soni hai toh dusari book lena zaruri hai????? ds ka bhi bata doo n oops too plsssssssssss

Offline kinshudude

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 02:59:26 pm »
Thanks a lot.. Yoy are great..

Offline sir_falak_dawar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 02:42:41 pm »
i am in ece 2nd year ,i have bought "Electronic devices and circuits" by Balbir Kumar and SB Jain, for Analog electronics-1..please tell me that is this a good book as far as our exams are concerned.
 please reply  :think

Any tips on how to clear Analog Electronics

Started by Sam

Replies: 6
Views: 1743
Last post November 04, 2013, 10:00:53 pm
by cool98765
Regarding Marks

Started by deepu123a

Replies: 2
Views: 1718
Last post December 14, 2015, 10:57:23 pm
by deepu123a
important subjects to create a good base in cs???

Started by jacktheripper

Replies: 1
Views: 647
Last post September 01, 2014, 08:52:00 am
by Rakson
tips to score pass marks in data structure exam

Started by ashh ketchum

Replies: 3
Views: 18465
Last post September 22, 2016, 06:05:05 pm
by sahil jhamb
TIPS FOR SCORING GOOD MARKS (UPDATED ACC. TO NEW SYLLABUS)

Started by kingofhell

Replies: 11
Views: 33165
Last post December 14, 2016, 07:31:17 pm
by gursimar991
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49